Thursday, May 13, 2010

Course Contract Review #1


1) I think I’m doing okay with the blogs. I enjoy writing and I feel very connected to the subjects we have covered so far. I like class and feel comfortable participating and think my fellow classmates have a lot of very interesting comments.

2) I’m not doing well when I rush things. I didn’t look to the bottom of the notes assignment to read the reflection section, even though it was very obvious and the rubric was very clear. I think I’m in a bit of a panic over the perceived work load and it’s making my brain a little fuzzy. Judy Willis would say that I’m in a flight or fight mode instead of a relaxed state that is receptive for learning. I’m also still too focused on grades and need to concentrate on mastery goals.

3) I’m progressing on the time management issues, but I’m still not using Google Calendar like I should. I’m trying to set up my iGoogle page to help with organization, but I must use it daily to keep up with things. It’s a start, but I’m a long way from being where I want to be. I am feeling dedicated to using my available time wisely. I know that there isn’t a moment to lose this summer!

4) To create the changes I need I have to go to iGoogle first thing in the morning. This needs to be my ritual. On that site I have to check my To Do list and my calendar, which needs to be updated daily. I need to use the cluster note taking as I do my reading. I really did find it useful and more natural than other techniques that I’ve used in the past. I need to slow down and read my instructions twice. I can’t assume that I remember what is required.

5) My motivation is okay. There are a lot of stresses outside of school that I am trying to process, and it is affecting my general motivation. I need to find the subjects that I am studying as welcome breaks instead of heavy burdens. I really do like every class that I’m taking and I can’t lose sight of the fact that this stuff is fascinating and extremely relevant to my teaching. If I can keep sight of that I won’t stress about every little grade, but analyze ways to incorporate what I’m learning into my teaching approach. I’m not really on the right track at the moment, but I hope to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment